Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One step closer....

So, Sam and I had been looking at buying the Gulliver crib from Ikea to have in the nursery. It's a nice, simple crib; and there was no way I wanted to spend a ton of money on a crib. It says online that the Gulliver in white is $99, but I seem to remember in the store it being $140. Here's a picture of the crib.


Well, Sam and I started talking more about our finances for next year- we know things are going to be stretched very tight if I do not get a teaching job, so we are trying to save as much money as we can right now. I decided I would browse listings on Craigslist to see if I could find any deals. Lo and behold, someone in Woodinville was selling their barely used Gulliver for $65! I picked it up yesterday and now we have a crib!

Here is a picture of it in the "nursery-to-be." Basically, everything you see in this room will be moved out except the crib. I figured it would be good to have some "before" pictures. :)



Next are some paint colors I'm considering:




I will definitely post more pictures as it all comes together!

2 comments:

  1. I like the green on the top right. Lovely :) Same color I chose for our guest/someday baby room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the crib!! Freecycle is also really good for finding toys, etc... http://www.freecycle.org/group/United%20States/Washington/Seattle

    ReplyDelete