Friday, October 23, 2009

26 weeks and I have Swine Flu

So... it's been an interesting few days! On Monday, I began subbing for Northshore, and I had my first two days of subbing. The first day was elementary P.E. in Kenmore and the second day was library at my old school. It was all a lot of fun, but I felt like I was beginning to get a cough on Sunday evening.
On Monday, the cough was a little bit worse and my nose was running a little bit.

On Tuesday morning, the cough was better but my nose was running more.

I had a very runny and stuffy nose all day Tuesday, and on Tuesday afternoon I started to get a headache. After getting home, I felt very cold. I took a shower and shivered for about 2 minutes before getting warmed up. I began taking my temperature when I got home, and it was steadily rising. By 6pm, it was 100.5. After talking to my sister-in-law (a nurse) and an on-call nurse for UW Medicine, I went in to see the doctor at 7pm. I tested positive for Influenza Type A, and they said they would know for sure if it was Swine Flu in 2-3 days. Fortunately, they gave me Tamiflu right away.

Wednesday night they called and confirmed it was... Swine Flu!

Basically, I feel like I have a cold. It really doesn't feel that bad, but I am quarantining myself at home and I am getting b-o-r-e-d. I'm doing fine, taking my medicine, drinking water, resting. I will be fine and so will the baby.

How far along: 26 weeks, 2 days.

Maternity Clothes: All Maternity, all the time.
Stretch Marks: Not yet!

Sleep: I've been getting a lot of rest this week.
Best Moment this Week: Seeing so many of my first graders from last year!

Movement: She's a kicker!

Food Cravings: Honey Crisp Apples... nummy!

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: None.

Belly Button: Still poking out slightly.

What I Miss: Not being sick. :(
What I'm Looking Forward to this Week: Being able to leave my house.
Weekly Wisdom: Sometimes life is like a bad comedy, and you just have to laugh at it.

1 comment: